working_hands-2working_hands-4working_hands-3working_hands-5working_hands1working_hands-6

1. Gabrielle
    Gabrielle says:

My sister in law just showed me your blog and I’ve enjoyed reading through it. I loved that aspect of homeschooling, having done it for several years, where household projects can be such a fun way to involve the kids and grow as a family. My kids still love doing stuff with their hands and it’s such fun for me to watch them being productive. Our house is a work in progress as well…we moved in almost 7 years ago to a home built in the early 60’s, and it still looked that way–needless to say we still have so much more to do, but it’s coming along. And the way we are, I think we will never truly be finished being creative anyway. I love your blog and your photos!

Yes, sometimes the progress is slow-going (especially when children are involved–wink), but I love that the kids are now attached to the work they’ve done, just as we are. It also means we feel equally grateful when a specific project is completed. Thank you so much for your compliments and for sharing, Gabrielle.

Sadly we can’t afford to refinish them quite yet, but we’ll enjoy their rustic beauty anyway. They were covered with horrendous carpet. Now, to finish removing all those carpet tacks. ;)

2. Kaylan
    Kaylan says:

If I homeschool, it will be in a very Montessori focus style- doing lots in our garden, backyard and maybe getting more animals to doing other projects where we can learn outdoors together. What a fun journey to build your home together.

It is a journey, for sure. The fun part is yet to be determined. You can ask the kids this summer after living there a few months. You’d be a perfect fit for a Montessori-style homeschool. x

3. Sara
    Sara says:

I was homeschooled (all the way through) and I must say that some of my most valuable lessons weren’t learned in our home, but outside doing things with my hands. We always tried to learn as much from the world around us, the circumstances we were in, and the people that were placed in our lives!

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

1. […] : Our New Home | Working Hands: The Other Side of Our Homeschool | Kitchen Phase 01 |  Kitchen Phase […]