seeking_rest_and_green_juice honoring_rest_and_green_juice-

There’s been an unplanned, obvious lull in this space the last two months, and I’ll admit on certain days, I’ve been frustrated by it. In short, there are simply too many things that I want to do in a day, and not enough time or enough of me to do it all. I started April intending to write about the importance of self-care in motherhood, and well, it turns out, taking care of myself actually trumped writing about it. Go figure. As I shared on Instagram the other day, 2016 is teaching me deep lessons in self-care and gentleness toward myself in this mothering journey, and I do plan to begin unfolding some of those lessons beginning next week. May, a month set apart for celebrating mothers, seems perfect for this topic.

In the meantime, I wanted to end April with something nourishing for the weekend: two favorite juice recipes and a quote from Greg McKeown’s book Essentialism, “Only once you give yourself permission to stop trying to do it all, to stop saying yes to everyone, can you make your highest contribution towards the things that really matter.” Give yourself permission to say no to something this weekend, to rest fully for some bit of time in a way that fills your soul. Maybe it’s watching a film or reading a book. Maybe it’s going for a walk or having a night out. Whatever it is, make some time for it. Happy weekend to you. x

WEEKEND GREEN JUICE

1/2 lemon, chopped

1 English cucumber, chopped

2 tart apples, chopped + cored

a small nub of ginger (optional)

pinch of cayenne

____________________________________

WEEKEND RED JUICE

1 beet, chopped

1 grapefruit, peeled+chopped

2 oranges, peeled+chopped

1 lemon, peeled

1 nob of ginger

1. hillary Wald
    hillary Wald says:

yes, very important as a mother. especially when kids are home sick for days! my favorite go-to green juice is: spinach, frozen mangos, frozen blueberries, and water. 30 secs in my nutribullet! wouldn’t it be great if we got the whole day off for mother’s day? :) :)

Oh that sounds delicious, Hillary. Adding it to my list. And I hope you get a majority of the day to yourself next week, and if not, at least feel celebrated. ;)

2. Lydia Rose
    Lydia Rose says:

I always look forward to your announcement of a new blog post on IG . so good to hear these words this morning and I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts on self-care in motherhood. Thank you

Thank you, Lydia Rose. I’m looking forward to sharing some of this personal process here. Life is good and full, and it’s nice to direct some content to taking care of the caretakers. x

3. Natausha
    Natausha says:

Thank you! This completely speaks to my heart right now. I have two little ones and rarely feel like I make time for myself. I’m constantly just trying to catch my breath! :) I love your blog, it’s so beautiful and I enjoy all the great photography! Thanks for sharing.

I’m so glad this space has been a refreshment to you on any level, Natausha. I’m looking forward to sharing some bits with you here. xx

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

1. […] Green Juice  or this one: 5-6 de-stemmed kale leaves, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 lemon without the rind, 1 apple, 2 sprigs of mint, 1″ piece of ginger […]