“TEACHING READING AT HOME”
When we first decided to homeschool, I felt intimidated about teaching my children to read. I am an avid reader. My husband is an avid reader. Both of us having university degrees in writing and the liberal arts. Our home is filled with hundreds of books and rich conversation. Why did I feel panicked about teaching reading? Of course, I knew how to read, but I couldn’t remember how I learned. Could I break it down well enough to teach my own children? Nine years later, with three––nearly four––fluent readers, I want to encourage parents of younger children: DON’T BE AFRAID.
What will you talk about?
During this 60 minute live webinar, I hope to quell fear and doubt, and instead empower parents with tools and skills to help their young children learn and love to read. We’ll also end with time for questions and answers. I will discuss
- our personal story of reading lessons across four different curriculums and temperaments
- learning styles
- developmental/environmental factors that affect reading
- curriculum: is it necessary?
- when to seek help
- personal misunderstandings, discouragement, and frustration on the journey
- finding a balanced and adapted approach
- our favorite tools and resources
- Q+A with audience
This webinar will not offer a didactic step-by-step curriculum, but it will provide many ideas, resources, and tools to implement in your own home.
Who is this for?
This webinar is for anyone
- interested in helping their children learn to read.
- feeling overwhelmed or frustrated with reading lessons.
- curious about our personal journey, style, and methods.
- beginning homeschooling.
I missed the live webinar. Can I still watch it?
Yes! Click the link to purchase the recorded webinar.
Notes : Once you have paid for the webinar in Paypal, you must click “return to merchant” at the bottom of the PayPal receipt in order to add your name and email and officially complete registration. Feel free to comment or email with any questions or feedback. Thank you for your support.