I’ve been thinking about our fall camping trip last year, the beautiful leaves and cool, foggy air, the feeling of fleece and fire. Here in the South, September is always a month of longing, of waiting, of remembering relief will come soon.
This weekend, we’ll be celebrating Liam with some of his buddies and I’ll be making lists and gathering last minute details for my trip to Virginia next week. I still can’t believe it’s time and so looking forward to being with and learning from some other incredible mothers. This trip really is such a gift in so many ways. And for those of you who have asked–yes, I’m feeling a tad nervous about the speaking part of the conference–a good nervous though. Besides, it’s healthy to be a little uncomfortable with new things, with unknowns. It always lends perspective of my own smallness in the world–a good lesson I think.
I hope to bring back sharing my favorite spots and finds around the web again–the “there” part of these posts. I hope you enjoy and have a great weekend, everyone!
There and elsewhere:
- loving Kirsten’s fall leaf ideas + tutorials
- can’t wait for the release of this cookbook next month
- this video about how the sun sees you–I’m wearing sunscreen daily now
- smitten with these boots–maybe I can talk Mark into an early birthday gift ;)
- this article about introversion–a comforting read I return to every once in a while