The days have been warm here, feeling more like spring than late winter. I don’t mind. I spent the day on a blanket last weekend, reading Luci Shaw’s Water My Soul, and soaking up the warm light. It’s possibly the most restorative way for me to spend alone time, tending the soil of my own soul and spirit, taking in the outdoors. In spite of a few hard freezes here, our garden kale and brussel sprouts have continued to grow, and the heirloom lettuces I let go to seed last year have blossomed again without effort! It feels miraculous. In our southern heat, these leafy greens only last as long as the weather remains cool in the evening, so I’m harvesting what I can each day, adding a bit of kale to at least one meal or juice a day. As I’ve looked for more creative ways to eat kale, here are a few recipes I’ve found. Kale Cake? Kale Pesto Slaw? Mmm. Enjoy!
- Simply Sauté | Toss with olive oil, sea salt, and minced garlic over the stove until a bright green color. Add to any dish.
- Green Juice or this one: 5-6 de-stemmed kale leaves, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 lemon without the rind, 1 apple, 2 sprigs of mint, 1″ piece of ginger
- Wilted Winter Greens Soup
- BBQ Kale Chips
- Kale and Black Bean Tacos with Roasted Red Pepper Salsa
- Butternut Squash + Kale Quesadillas
- Blueberry, Kale, and Fig Smoothie
- Kale and Apple Cake with Apple Icing
- Kale Pasta with Walnuts
- Pork Tenderloin with Kale and Kimchi
- Kale Veggie Wrap
- Kale with Garlic and Bacon
- Savory Oatmeal with Garlicky Kale
- Winter Farro and Kale Salad
- Cheesy Turmeric + Garlic Kale Chips
- Chocolate Cocoa Kale Chips
- Chive, Kale, + Parmesan Pancakes with Poached Eggs
- Kale + Feta Savory Torte
- Kale, Cherry, Sunflower Seed Salad with Savory Granola
- Roasted Beet, Kale, and Brie Baby Quiche
- Savory Corned Beef Brisket + Irish Cheddar French Toast with Kale Pesto Slaw
- Hide Your Kale Smoothie
- Warm Kale + Artichoke Dip
- Detox Salad with Cauliflower, Kale, and Pomegranate
- Kale + Popcorn
Any favorite kale recipes to share?
I dehydrate kale and turn it into a powder. I then use it in smoothies, oatmeal, guacamole, you name it!
Here’s my recipe:
Genius! Thank you for sharing, Liz. xx
This recipe is amazing:
I LOVE her recipes, but I haven’t tried this one. Thank you!
Love these ideas! Been super into Kale recently-I really appreciate how versatile it is. My son and I especially love to make salt + vinegar kale chips, but I’m super excited to try the BBQ. Love your blog by the way-it’s such a cozy, peaceful place.
Love kale anything! But getting my husband to eat it has been more challenging. We make this kale chicken recipe, and started switching out the breadcrumbs for almond flower when we cut back grains and I think it’s even better!
I have a favorite recipe!
Turmeric kale white bean soup
sautée 1 sm onion and 1 clove minced garlic in 3 tbsp olive oil then add 5 handfuls of chopped kale sautée then add 1 can of white beans and cover with chicken broth. Add 1/2 tsp of turmeric 1/4 tsp of cayenne then salt to taste. cook 15 min then puree! It’s my favorite!
Yay!!! These look amazing!! I often make sausage, potato, kale soup. It’s supposed to be the Portuguese version of chicken soup (good for what ails you). It’s so delicious!!