Kristen and I finished another Whole30 in mid-September, which means for 30 days we strictly ate fruit, veggies, meat, nuts, and seeds. For various reasons, we both decided we needed a cleanse of sorts from grains, alcohol, and of course–sugar! It’s amazing how creative you can get when trying to find ways to combine these groups of food. This coconut butter medley was and still is one of my favorite snacks. It’s dairy-free, grain-free, and free of added sugars. The best part? It only takes about 10-15 minutes from chopping to mouth. You can make these with any concoction of dried fruits or nuts, only try to stick with the unsweetened ones. Enjoy!
servings: approximately 20 quarter-size balls time: 10-15 minutes
- unsweetened cacao nibs (1/4 c.)
- dried goji berries (1/2 c.)
- coconut butter (1 c.)
- dried apricots (1/2 c.)
- dried figs (1/2 c.)
- unsweetened vanilla extract (1 Tbsp. — optional, but nice)
- Chop the figs and apricots.
- Combine all of the fruit and cacao together in a bowl.
- Add the coconut butter.
- Mix together.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Spoon quarter size balls onto a baking sheet.
- Place in the refrigerator to harden (at least 5 minutes).
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge.